Prior to your procedure:
- You will receive a call from a representative of our Business Office who will review your insurance coverage, and subsequent financial responsibilities to the Surgery Center. During this conversation, you will be apprised of any co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance requirements due on the date of service based on your specific insurance plan coverage.
- Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification of any financial information provided to you
- In order to make your experience as stress-free as possible, we ask that you complete your OneMedical Passport registration online.
A member of our staff will contact you prior to your surgery date to verify your appointment time and arrival, discuss pre-operative preparation instructions and answer any questions you may have.
Food and Drink: Please refrain from eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before your surgery unless directed otherwise by your Doctor
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours prior to your arrival time.
- Do not smoke for 24 hours prior to surgery
To prevent delay or cancellation on the day of surgery please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Take your medication before leaving home unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- Diabetic medications will be individualized. We will usually hold diabetic medicines and manage your sugar at the Center.
- You should be contacted before your surgery to discuss what medications you should take.
- Please bring all your medications with you.
- Patients using inhalers must bring them to the Center on the day of surgery.
- Some medications will need to be stopped for the surgery, particularly diabetes medication and blood thinners. Please call us with any questions you may have.
- Herbal medications may have harmful effects on the surgery. We generally request that you stop these medications two weeks before surgery. Please remember to mention these remedies to Center nurses and physicians when being asked about medication.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body piercing jewelry):
- Please remove all of these items prior to your arrival at the Center.
- Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over any surgical dressings.
- We ask you to leave jewelry and other valuables at home on the day of your procedure
Notify the Center & Your Surgeon if:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medications. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
On the day of your surgery:
- Please arrive at the surgery center one hour prior to your scheduled surgery time unless instructed otherwise
- Please bring your government issued I.D. credit card(s) and insurance card(s) and any co-pay or deductible amounts discussed during your conversation with our financial counselor.
- Please bring a copy of your Advance Directive if you should have one.
- Interpreter – If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact our scheduler at 714-744-0900 as early as possible.
- Legal Guardian – A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES if the patient is a dependent adult.
- Please make arrangements in advance to have a responsible adult drive you home from the surgery center. We cannot allow you to drive yourself home or take public transportation or taxis.
- Please plan to have a responsible adult stay with you at home after your surgery and throughout the night. This is a requirement of the facility and your surgery may have to be canceled if no arrangements for care have been made.